A media room is a living space that includes a TV, speakers, and couches. It’s designed to simulate the comfortable environment of a home theater. In many cases, homeowners will choose to add a media room because it’s cheaper than purchasing or remodeling an entire home theater system. They’re also more convenient for viewing sports or concerts. A media room is typically found in homes and offices.
What is a Media Room?
Media rooms are a popular area in many homes today. They serve as the perfect space for friends and family to hang out, watch sports together or listen to music. Custom media room furniture can easily create a comfortable, friendly environment that is perfect for entertaining.
Media rooms provide a flexible technology and concealment option. It is typically used in spaces such as bedrooms, living rooms, dens, or bedrooms.
What’s the difference between a Media room and an Home theater
When you want to create a media room the first step is to think about what your needs are. A Media Room is essentially an existing family room that is transformed into a place for listening to music, watching TV, or playing video games. A Home Theater on the other hand is an audio-visual room with a projector and screen in the middle.
Media room is a place for the ultimate viewing experience. Many different features of a media room make it more suitable than a home theater.
The home theater is typically a small room where the audio, visual, and lighting are all high quality. A media room has more of an open layout and more focused space for media consumption.
A Media room is a space that provides an impressive visual result, but not in the same way as a home theater. With its larger scale and minimal design, a Media room gets the job done without sacrificing too much on personal touches.
Why should you choose a media room over a home theater?
- Media rooms are a new option for people looking to redo their existing room.
- Media rooms provide the same features of home theaters but in a smaller scale.
- With a home theater, you are required to purchase and set up sound equipment. With a media room, you can just plug in your television and speakers and you’re all set. Media rooms are also better for large groups of people.
- A media room is a term that describes rooms in the home where one or more television sets are placed. It’s typically used for watching TV and movies, with a focus on buying the biggest screen possible to save money for your sound equipment.
- If you’re looking for a space to enjoy your favorite movies, music, games, or cooking shows from home with family and friends you should consider a media room. Media rooms can be created in a variety of spaces and layouts to suit your needs and budget, from living rooms, to hallways, to even offices. You can enjoy ambient music during a family game night, look up a workout video to do from home
- You can make sound optimization by using sofas and thick draperies, soft carpet and high ceilings.
- A media room offers a wide variety of design options. The space is also more versatile because you can separate it into different areas that are appropriate for multi purpose activities
What tools and equipment can be found in Media Rooms?
The items you can use to feel media room experience are listed below (for a medium room or small room).
- Comfortable Seats
- Sectional sofa
- Chaise lounges
- Bean bag chairs
- Video Glasses
- Projection Screens
- Streaming Media Players
- Large screen satellite Television (with Smart TV)
- Soundbar (surround sound system, Dolby etc.)
- Handpicked Speakers
- Ceiling Speakers
- Wireless and Bluetooth Speakers
- Portable Speakers
- Center Channel Speakers
- Surround Sound Systems
- Home Audio Receivers & Amplifiers
Accessories for devices
- HDMI Cables
- Power Protection (surge protection)
- Analog Audio Cables
- Speaker Mounts & Stands
- Speaker Wire
- Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo etc.
Remote Control Solution
- Lighting control
- Video and sound control
- Air conditioning remote control
Decorations and Furniture for media room
- Media room cabinet
- Bookcases and shelving
- Sliding door
- wallpaper, artwork etc.
- Carpet (suitable for sound absorption)
- Blackout shades
- Posters & Prints
- Artificial Plants & Flowers
- Wall Stickers & Murals
- Floor Lamps
Things that should be considered during design of media room
- Color style
- Content Options (YouTube (premium), Netflix, and Spotify etc.)
- Remote Control Solution (Lighting control etc.)
- It can be located in bedroom, living, family room or basement
- Interior design
- wire cable organization
How much does a media room cost?
- The two main factors that determine the cost of a media room are construction and the level of equipment installed in it.
- Construction cost: $5,000-$100,000 (if it is required)
- A budget of $30-$100 per seat is a good estimate.
- Budget more in the range of $1,000-$3,000 for audiophile-level sound.
- Projectors cost around $500-$1,500 and screens cost around $100-$200.